15 Quick Thoughts On Today’s Apple Watch Event
Some quick thoughts on today’s Apple event (this is what “Bloggy Medium” is great for, right?):
- The HBO Now exclusive is a great (albeit short-lived) coup for Apple. Great way to kick off the event. Especially with the new Game of Thrones trailer. Play to your audience. Check.
- The new MacBook is amazing. It’s exactly the computer I’ve long-wanted. Perhaps the last computer I buy (before we all go big iPad-only)?
- The keys are bigger, right? That seems like it’s going to make typing a little awkward at first.
- Space Gray: amazing. New key technology: amazing. Force touch trackpad: will also probably take some getting used to.
- The “MacBook” is now thinner and lighter than the “MacBook Air”…
- Perhaps the only concern is that the new MacBook could be a bit underpowered from a CPU-perspective. But I’m using a two-year-old MacBook (Pro) right now and I’ve never had an issue. As long as most of what you do is web browsing, hard to see how it’s an issue.
- The one port thing is (predictably) pissing some people off. Which is hilarious. This happens every single time Apple does something like that. Competitors will make fun of it tomorrow. Then everyone will forget what they were all up in arms about. Then competitors will copy the move.
- ResearchKit sounds brilliant, smart, and important. The presentation could have used a little more polish though, in my opinion.
- Apple was always very good at the product announcement/explanation videos, but they really stepped up their game with this event.
- Apple was clearly trolling us with the Jony Ive “ah-lew-min-e-um” video. I mean, it’s the subject of the video. Well played.
- It would have been nice to see more third-party apps in action or talked about. Uber looked pretty killer though.
- Tim Cook sure seemed to rush through those pricing slides!
- $10,000. Boo-yah.
- I’m 99% sure I’m getting: 42mm Case, 316L Stainless Steel, Sapphire Crystal, Retina Display, Ceramic Back, Leather Loop, Light Brown Leather, Magnetic Closure. May opt for bright blue leather loop. $699.
- And a sport band, $49, of course.